Livestock Superintendent - NO CAMPING BEFORE THURSDAY -
Livestock Rules & Regulations
1) All animals (market and breeding) must be entered by July 1st via On-line at ShoWorks. Click Sign in at the top left corner of your screen. Directions for online entries and required forms for market animals are on the website. Direct questions or assistance to email@example.com.
2) Market animals may by shown by living full time in Baker County or the immediate North Powder area. Each exhibitor may enter one animal per class, except small animals. See that Department.
3) Market animals must be tagged with your tag and tag numbers must be entered on the entry form in the appropriate space. We use the honor system when tagging because we believe in the integrity of the families in Baker County. Scrapie tags are mandatory in sheep and goats. You may use the last four digits on your scrapie tag as your number.
4) At the time of weigh in, steer owners must provide the following: (1) ownership E-slip, (2) transportation slip, (3) prohibited feed affidavit. Steers without complete paperwork will not be weighed and must leave the grounds.
5) All leased animals must have a signed lease by July 1. It must be turned in at weigh in.
6) Weight limits are:
Steers 1,050 lbs. Min. born after January 1 previous year 1400 lbs. Maximum saleable weight Lambs110 lbs. Min. 160 lbs. Maximum saleable weight Hogs 220 lbs. Min. 290 lbs. Maximum saleable weight Goats 70 lbs. Min. 120 lbs. Maximum saleable weight Rabbits 4-6 lbs. each, sold in pens of three Roaster Chickens (pen of three, 6.5 lbs. – 8.5 lbs., over 3 mos. – under 6 mos.) Turkey, pen of one, Hens, (under 16 weeks), 12 – 16 lbs.; Toms, (under 25 weeks) 20 to 30 lbs.
Goose, pen of one, (under 20 weeks), 8-15 lbs.
Duck, pen of three, (under 10 weeks), 5 – 8 lbs each.
7)All animals will weigh in between 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm on Friday. Registration will be Friday from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Animals not registered by 8:00 pm will not show. You are welcome to bring animals earlier Friday afternoon but weigh in will not start before 5:00 pm. 8) All livestock entered for exhibition must be gentle and broke to lead. Please do not bring any animal that may be a risk for hurting someone. Judges and superintendents have the right to send wild animals home. 9)Superintendents have the right to send home any livestock that exhibits signs of disease or sickness, sheep showing signs of prolapse, etc. All disputes will be settled by calling in a veterinarian at owner’s expense. 10)Animals must be bedded down in a clean pen and fed and watered appropriately at all times. 11)All animals must be clean and clipped. Sheep must be slick shorn. Slick shorn means being shorn no more than four days before showing. 12)Premium points are paid on all breeding classes. Number of entries are limited to one entry per exhibitor per lot. No premium paid for market animals. 13)Place points are not paid premium points, but count toward High Point awards, Grand and Reserve Grand Champion, and Champion and Reserve Champion placings do not count toward High Point awards. Point system for High Point awards is: 1st-6 pts, 2nd-5pts, 3rd-4pts, 4th-3pts, 5th-2pts, 6th-1pt. 14)Classes and lots will be determined and /or combined by Superintendents only. 15)Showmanship animals must be owned by the exhibitor. Younger exhibitors may show an animal owned by an immediate family member. You must show in showmanship to sell your animal. 16)A 4% commission will be deducted from your check. Steers will be charged a $50 shipping fee. Checks will be mailed out as soon as the money is collected! Usually not before Thanksgiving. 17)Stall/pen and tack area must be cleaned and exhibitor must be checked out by species superintendents before you can leave Monday. If pens are not clean a $25 fine will be withheld from your check. Breeding exhibitors will be billed.
18) CAMPING: Family camping near the pavilion will be available on a first-come first-serve basis. Please be respectful of the need for younger exhibitors to sleep and turn your noise and generators off by 9:00 pm. Camping fee is $5 per night, $15 for the weekend. Payable when you register (don’t send checks this year.) A family unit is immediate family only.
Campers are responsible for picking up all garbage from the field, throughout the pavilion, and beyond, all four days. Also, please help keep the bathrooms clean. Please keep your dogs in camp, not in the pavilion. Leave extra horses home of course, you may bring your horse if you are entered in the rodeo. Pavilion will be locked from 10:00 pm until 6:00 am with security in the building. 19)Each market exhibitor must submit two photos of their animal with the exhibitor for proof of possession at the time of entering online. The photos will consist of an photo close up of the exhibitor and the head of animal so the tag number is readable, second photo will be a profile photo of the animal with exhibitor. If you have an backup market animal you must submit photos of that animal as well. All entries MUST be submitted through the online registration link. Entries sent by text message or photos of entry forms will be rejected.
Premium Books can be downloaded from the Fair website: www.halfwayfairandrodeo.com